Current Programs - please scroll down to view ALL
Christmas Carriage Ride Flyer
The BDDC will be creating a one page deals and offers flyer to be handed out during the carriage rides to promote participating member business in the downtown.
The following 8 businesses selected are:
1. Brampton Business Executive Suites (10 George Street North)
2. Dolcezza Custom Cakes (71 Main Street North)
3. Total Body Fitness & Wellness (8 Ellen Street)
4. Brampton Laptop (52 Main Street)
5. Nadia Day Spa (71 George Street South)
6. Rock N Head (69 Main Street North)
7. Custodio Studio (53 Main Street North)
8. Body Revival Spa & Salon (2 Ellen Street)
To participate you will need to provide the BDDC with a 4inch wide x 2inch tall coupon image ready for print.
The coupon must include a deal or special for the potential customers.
The creative you provide must be hi resolution and appear crisp and clear.
Please send creative in .jpg, .pfd, .eps file formats.
Creative Deadline: creative must be emailed to Kathleen.howell(at)brampton.ca by October 29th end of day
A to Z Guide Ad Subsidy
At the Marketing & Promotions Committee's request, the BDDC will be offering an ad subsidy to BDDC members to participate in a full page ad displaying a map of Brampton Downtown. The ad will appear in the Brampton A to Z Guide.
Here are the confirmed businesses for the A-Z Guide:
The following businesses participating are:
1. Rose Theatre (1 Theatre Lane)
2. Body Revival Spa & Salon (2 Ellen Street)
3. Brampton Laptop (52 Main Street North)
4. Harmsworth Decorating (24 Main Street South)
5. Queen Gypsy (10 Main Street North)
6. Ice Cream Café (23 Main Street South)
7. Works Burgers (8 Queen Street East)
8. Macaronz (43 Queen Street East)
9. Pawn Kings (48 Main Street North)
10. Little Shop of Ice Cream (1 Theatre Lane)
11. Cyclepath (60 Main Street North)
12. No. 25 (29 Queen Street East)
13. Wee Smoke Shop (63 Main Street North)
14. Rock n Head (69 Main Street North)
15. Roses &Violets (111 Main Street North)
16. Downtown Brampton Wellness (118 Queen Street West)
17. Ocular 4 You (59 Main Street North)
18. Trio Ristorante (35 Main Street North)
19. Custodio's Studio (53 Main Street North)
20. Dolcezza Custom Cakes (71 Main Street N)
Holiday Gift Guide Ads - Open 'til 8pm on Thursday's
Here are the confirmed businesses for the Holiday Gift Guide:
1. Rock N Head (69 Main Street North)
2. Baci Gifts (37 Queen Street West)
3. Poutine (20 Main Street South)
4. Custodio Studio (53 Main Street North)
5. Dolcezza Custom Cakes (71 Main Street North)
6. Deborah Kenny Jewellery (25 Main Street North)
7. Stems Floral (25 Main Street North)
8. Total Body Fitness & Wellness (8 Ellen Street)
9. Sushi House (135 Main Street North)
10. Bijou Nails (131 Main Street North)
11. Brampton Laptop (52 Main Street North)
12. Nadia Day Spa (71 George Street South)
13. Body Revival Spa & Salon (2 Ellen Street)
Note to participating businesses: Please send creative art work to email@example.com by no later than October 29th end of day.
As we have done in previous years, The BDDC will be promoting Brampton Downtown during the 2013 Christmas Season through paid ads in local and regional media.
We will be following the 'gift guide' ad design from last year as this format allows us to promote the downtown and businesses at the same time.
We are adding one new message for the public. That all businesses featured in the ad will be open until 8pm every Thursday starting in November until Christmas.
Participation is FREE, though we do have certain guidelines for participants
1) In order to participate you must stay open until 8pm every Thursday starting November 2013 until Christmas.
2) You must provide the BDDC with a picture of your number one gift item for the season OR an image that best represents your services.
3) The picture you provide must have a transparent white background (see below for examples) the picture must also be in hi resolution (high quality) to ensure the images looks crisp and clear in the ad.
4) We will not accept a business or product logo as your image. It must be a product shot.
5) If you do not send in an acceptable images that meets the above criteria within the given time lines you will forfeit this opportunity.
6) Send us the following as you would like it to appear on the ad
a. The product name with small description is needed (15 words max)
b. The price of the product
c. Your business name, address and website OR phone number
Need help with your pictures?
If you need the help of a professional photographer to take products shots. Please contact fellow BDDC member photographers to discuss rates for their services.
Custodio Photography 905-453-5550
M. Michael's Photography (905) 457-3660
Visit www.shutterstock.com or similar photo websites to browse through thousands of pictures that you can purchase for use on advertisements. Make sure to purchase hi resolution images.
Please refrain from sending in pictures taken with your mobile phones.
1) Express interest in the program by Monday October 21st, email sudan.cashin(at)brampton.ca.
2) Creative deadlines all images and text must be sent to BDDC staff by Tuesday October 29th. (if the images do not meet the criteria you will forfeit your position, please do not wait until the last minute to send us images if you need help) - send to Sudan.cashin(at)brampton.ca
We are purchasing a variety of ads in the Brampton and Mississauga communities. Ad placement per participating business will be determined by a random draw among those who have express interest by Monday October 21st. You will be notified when your ad will be displayed.
Examples of Acceptable & Unacceptable Images
When purchasing from iStock...purchase the medium to large images
Example of mock up gift guide ad
Flower Planter Grant - Display of Wares Program
Please share this information with your neighbours!
The BDDC's Marketing & Promotions Committee has created a Flower Pot/Planter Grant for BDDC member businesses who have been approved for the City of Brampton Display of Wares program (see below for details)
The BDDC will subsidize up to 50% of the combined costs of the planter, flowers and soil to a maximum of $150 per business per program cycle (summer, fall & Christmas)
The BDDC will be offering this program 3 times a year to help members keep their planters fresh.
You don't have to buy new containers each time, you can simply refresh the contents to the planters.
Program Cycles - Applicaton time lines for 2013
Summer: Late May to Mid August
Fall: Mid August start to October 18th 2013 deadline
Christmas: Mid October start to December 12 2013 deadline
Remember, planters must be off the streets by Jan 2, 2014.
To receive your grant you will have to submit a copy of your approved Display of Wares paper work from the City of Brampton in addition to copies of the receipts for your planter, soil, flowers, etc to the BDDC.
This opportunity is open to the first 25 members who submit their completed and City approved paper work and receipts to BDDC staff - if your approved paper work is already on file for the current year, simply provide us with copies of the receipts for the goods purchased.
Please drop paper work off in person during office hours at 78 Main St North or scan and email the documents to Sudan.Cashin(at)brampton.ca
Display of Wares Program - City of Brampton
in 2013, Brampton City Council approved a by-law that allows retail businesses to display items on the sidewalk in front of their stores, from March 1 until January 2 each year. This may include items that will improve the appearance of your business facade such as flower pots, planters & holiday decorations.
There are provisions for the display of products and services as well as small patios where alcohol is prohibited.
There are a few simple steps on the businesses part before items can be legally placed out front.
We encourage you to read through the straight forward documentation for full details, see links below.
Stay Informed! - sign up for the BDDC's monthly e-newsletter, send sudan.cashin(at)bramptondowntown.com an email to sign up.